the best natural source of selenium
with the flavor of nature
flavour and health
A SUSTAINABLE AND EASY-TO-HANDLE FOOD
for your meals
From the forest to the consumer.
• Benefits for the local ecosystem;
• Protect natural resources;
• Respect the socioeconomic and cultural characteristics of traditional communities;
• Preserve the rights of the people involved along the value chain;
• Free from genetically modified organisms or synthetic chemicals;
• World’s largest natural source of selenium;
• Rich in Vitamin E, glutathione, squalene, omega-9, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc;
• Reduces LDL (“bad cholesterol”), increases HDL (“good cholesterol”), favoring cardiovascular health;
• Protects neurons from negative actions of free radicals, contributing to the prevention of degenerative brain diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s;
• Contributes to healthy aging;
• Boosts immunity and prevents cancer, depression, obesity and type 2 diabetes;
• Assist in fixing calcium in bones, preventing osteoporosis;
Guarantee of a fresh, crunchy and highly nutritious brazil nut through:
• Good management practices in the forest;
• Excellence in product processing;
• High standard of industrial quality;
BRAZIL NUTS FROM
Because by choosing GHF, you help to preserve the Amazon rainforest and encourage us to value sustainable extractivism, the culture and work of local traditional communities.
GHF seeks not only to commercialize Brazil nuts, but also to give prominence to its rich history and potential.
GOOD FOR THE BODY, FOR THE SOUL AND FOR THE PLANET
Supply your store!
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
We work with the commercialization of Brazil nuts based on transparency and fair trade. Thus, the standing forest generates income and, consequently, is valued and conserved. And the excellence in quality of our processes guarantees an extremely nutritious Brazil nut, with exceptional flavor and crunchiness.
In order to fulfill our commitment to provide fresh, crunchy and highly nutritious Brazil nuts year round, GHF has a high standard of industrial quality that guarantees excellence in the processing of nuts.
When your order is placed, the chestnuts go through a careful process that starts with a washing, followed by drying and autoclaving, which increases the amount of whole chestnuts in the process of breaking the shells. The process is continued with a mix of electronic and manual selection of the nuts, which then go to sterilization by pasteurization, eliminating any risk of contamination.
From there, the nuts are automatically classified by size and types and then undergo a rigorous final quality control. The Brazil nuts are then packaged to reach you with incredible flavor, crunchiness and quality.
This entire industrial process takes place at Borello Alimentos’ facilities in Sinop (Mato Grosso). The company has a strict food safety system, which manages and controls all possible risks to human health and product quality, recognized by the FDA, the federal agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, and with HACCP certification.
What makes us different
By choosing GHF, you collaborate to improve:
Give Value to a special origin and tradition
Through fair trade, we value sustainable extraction and the history and tradition of those who live in and of the forest:
Keeping the standing forest preserved!
Through the total traceability of all processes in our value chain, from extraction to the final consumer:
GHF superfoods are collected by indigenous peoples and traditional quilombola and riverside communities, which for hundreds of years have lived in balance with the forest through the practice of sustainable extraction. The collection of Brazil nuts is a traditional activity directly linked to the culture of these communities and, very often, it´s their main source of income.
Our partnership for supply of raw materials is the way we find to support and finance the local bioeconomy.
In this way, GHF seeks to not only commercialize Brazil nuts, but also to give value the whole story behind it, specially the people who make all of this happen: the Brazil nut collectors.